- Balloon Decorating Tips -
Party Resource Guide
Presented by Event & Wedding Planners
How to make a
Make a Balloon Wreath to hang on the wall or to
suspend from the ceiling. Use one 18" Wreath (grapevine or straw) as your frame.
I have made these wreaths larger by using a hula hoop as the frame. You will
need to add more balloon clusters if you increase the
- Twenty Eight 5" Balloons
- Use a
low temp glue gun.
- You will need three different colors of Curling Ribbon (3
rolls) that coordinates with your theme. You can also use ribbon to make the
can be used to decorate your wreath (optional)
- One 7" Theme Dessert Plate
- Two or Three Theme Blowout
- One Theme Invitation
- Three or Four Themed
Key Chains or other theme related items to tuck or glue onto the wreath.
- Any small item can be glued onto the balloons to decorate.
- Blow up two more balloons the
same size as the first.
- Tie together.
- Twist the two groups of balloons
together forming a cluster of 4 balloons.
- Continue until you have 7 clusters
of 4 balloons.
Attach cluster to the wreath with curling ribbon.
- Punch a hole in the plate and the
invitation and attach to wreath, one on each upper side, with curling ribbon.
- Wrap one curling ribbon cluster around the top balloon from each balloon
cluster. Let hang down from center of cluster.
- Attach blowouts (or other
items) across bottom with curling ribbon.
- Make a large bow and attach to top
- Tie 3 or 4 Key chains or other items here and
Tip: When I use a hula hoop I actually twist the balloon
clusters around the hoop itself, rather than tying the clusters to the hoop. By
doing this the hoop is completely hidden by the balloons. I have even used
pieces of garden hose cut so that I could get the exact size of wreath that I
want. Hang with fishing line.